The Operations Department is seeking candidates who are self-starting and able to multitask in a fast paced changing environment. Candidates who are looking to gain a working knowledge of the event operational aspects of a multi-function racing complex which will include NASCAR racing, Car Shows, Track Rentals, and daily maintenance of our facilities.
Interns duties to include:
- Provide daily assistance to the Event Operations Department including assisting the Event Operations Manager plan and prepare for each event
- Assist Event Operation team members with checklists and maintaining/monitoring work logs
- Operate equipment to assist in the setup and teardown of events including rustlers, golf carts, and forklifts
- Research the needs for upcoming projects in the operations department.
- Daily tracking activities will include facility maintenance, equipment inventory, fuel usage, work orders, and time sheets.
- Assist in the coordination of fan logistics including the fan assistance golf cart program, trams, and shuttle buses
- During events—Assist team members with on call duties and assist fans when needed
- Maintain records and staffing plans for department efficiency and productivity
- Other duties assigned
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Motorsports, Event, Operations, or Business Management from an accredited college or university
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work during the week and on the weekends when events are in the facility. Extended work hours are also required during events
- Must have a positive and optimistic attitude
- Willing to work outside and out of an office for the majority of the internship
- Willing to work in a team setting and learn from current staff
As part of this internship you will learn how cost is associated with these activities affect the overall operating budgets for an event.
Applicants are required to have strong computer knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, as data entry will be a part of the daily activities. Good communication skills required by phone and email to communicate incoming requests to our operational team.
Intern must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week plus all events held during the semester.
This is an unpaid internship. As a token of gratitude, all interns who complete the semester internship and work the race events held during the semester internship will receive a stipend.
Application deadline is March 30, 2018.