Director of Operations with Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, GA
Atlanta Motor Speedway jobs
Sports Jobs in Hampton, GA
Administration/General Management: Office Manager
The Director of Operations provides management and leadership to 20+ staff members with various job responsibilities and skillsets. This position interacts with the administration staff, departmental staff, professional consultants, local and state officials, contractors and vendors. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and requires thorough knowledge of various operational skillsets. The Director of Operations reports to the EVP/General Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor day-to-day facility operations.
- Manage and oversee department staffing including all aspects of permanent, part-time, temporary and event operations personnel.
- Manage department budget, accounting, scheduling.
- Management of all capital programs, project communication and liaison with internal and external organizations, and represents AMS with jurisdictional authorities including state, county and city officials.
- Manage consultant and contractor adherence to contract terms and specifications.
- Develop project bid specifications, budgets, monitors project expenditures, and approve payments to vendors. Determines cash-flow projections for project execution and compare actual expenditures monthly. Maintains accurate project records.
- Facilitate departmental meetings, sets goals, priorities, and performance action items.
- Set strategic goals and long range facility plan.
- Maintains a complete understanding of all operational systems including but not limited to fire, lighting, water, HVAC and other control systems and ensures all are in proper working condition.
- Manage and direct facility security, sign shop, shipping and receiving programs.
- Manage and direct AMS owned fleet vehicle and wrecker programs.
- Manage department’s responsibilities for NASCAR, Motorama, Friday Night Drags, Legends and other events as required.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMI policies and applicable laws.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years in leadership/management role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective and efficient problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience with developing budgets and writing business plans.
- General knowledge of project management methods and practices.
- Knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management System a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Skill in managing 20+ staff members with various job responsibilities; administrative, plumbing, electrical, grounds maintenance, general maintenance. Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, holidays and hours as needed.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?