The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision of the day to day accounting functions which include accounts payable, billing and receivables, payroll and human resources, general ledger preparation and financial reporting. The Controller reports to the Vice President of Finance.
Task Description / Responsibilities
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Review posting journals to ensure the accuracy of payables, billing and payroll prior to posting to general ledger.
- Assist VP of Finance with the preparation of monthly journal entries and review of general ledger activity, ensuring an accurate and timely period end close.
- Assist with the preliminary review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled accurately and timely each month.
- Ensure revenue accounts are reconciled to Archtics and Salesforce after each major event
- Collaborate with other department managers to support overall speedway goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assist President/GM and other department managers with inquiries regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Gain an understanding of the nuances of the speedway in order to be an effective member of the management team.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Must be PC proficient. Experience with Open Systems or other large accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work as a team member within the finance department as well as within the organization. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be organized, accurate, detail oriented, have strong analytical skills, and ability to prioritize tasks with an energetic and self-motivated attitude
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and in a fast pace environment and meet deadlines.
- Base salary with potential for performance-based bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k
- Generous PTO includes vacation, sick, personal, community and holiday time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.