Service Technician with Bob Weaver Motorsports in North Tonawanda, NY
The powersports industry is known to millions of people around the world as it offers a diverse portfolio of products and services. Products known to include boats, off-road vehicles, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, and more. Getting customers outside is the goal and our products do just that.
Do you have a passion for outdoor life? Those who enjoy, have grown up, riding ATVs, cycles and BMX machines are often wonderful employees because they love to engage others in their passion. We want you to share your passion for powersports and outdoor living with us and others at Polaris Dealers.
Dealership Description: Bob Weaver Motorsports & Marine, Inc., started in November 2002. Bob however, has been in the Motorsports industry since 1971. Enjoy a new adventure with the exciting off-road and water vehicles you always wanted. Now is the time to start living your adventure and get outdoors to explore the trail less traveled by. Bob´s philosophy all these years has been simple . . . "Take care of the customer the way you would want to be taken care of"
JOB SUMMARY: The Technician is responsible for building, repairing, and servicing machines. They must be up to date on warranty policies, unit safety updates, and product service trainings. They should enjoy learning new things and solving new challenges. They need to have strong time management skills, keep a level head, develop creative solutions, and provide strong customer service. A good technician adds value by increasing efficiency on service jobs to increase revenue and building customer relationships for long term loyalty.
- Diagnose and repair powersports and motorcycles with efficiency and accuracy.
- Accurately and clearly document repair findings and steps taken in repair orders.
- Communicate findings effectively with customers and staff.
- Work closely with parts department to order parts precisely and in a timely manner
- Any other duties deemed necessary for the overall success of the department and dealership.
- Certified to work on major OEM brands
- Ability to read electrical schematics or willingness to learn
- Listens to customer and provide recommendations to meet their needs while achieving the goals of the dealership
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with customer Service or Sales,
- Must be familiar with motorcycles, ATV's, and Snowmobiles.
- Must be motivated and possess an outgoing personality.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
SKILL & KNOWLEDGE:
- Own set of tools
- Powersports brand certifications preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervisor.
- Work well with other technicians.
- Maintain organized, clean and safe work area.
- Attention to detail ad ability to multitask are a must.
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting aptitude
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.