Who we are
At the National Hot Rod Association, we crave speed. We race the fastest vehicles in motorsports at speeds of more than 300 mph, with power exceeding 11,000 hp—NHRA is the most extreme sport on the planet! At NHRA, we believe in Speed for All, which provides competition opportunities for all drivers, from street-car owners to professional racers. NHRA also offers career-driven opportunities off-track and behind the scenes. We serve content to our highly engaged audiences on-site at events, on the Fox broadcast and Fox Sports networks, at NHRA.com, through our live streaming service NHRA.TV, and within the pages of our publication, National DRAGSTER. Our team supports the infrastructure of local grassroots-level racing all the way up to the professional touring series all across the country, as well as our corporate offices and remote functions.
If you are looking to join a dynamic and high-speed organization in the sports and entertainment space, have the drive to innovate and the satisfaction of seeing your work in action, read on…
The Senior Marketing Manager will contribute to developing, implementing, and monitoring various marketing, advertising, digital, and promotional programs aimed at increasing attendance and revenues for the NHRA Camping World Series national events. The position will act as a liaison across multiple NHRA departments including Ticketing, Corporate Sales, Marketing Services, Social Media, Membership, Broadcasting, Corporate Art, Publications, and Partner Tracks to ensure the successful activation of ticket-selling programs. This position will also administer the NHRA database marketing program, work closely with series and promotional partners to develop, and implement activation programs and develop effective and actionable reports on ticket sales.
- Manage NHRA’s marketing database and email marketing program to implement ticket-selling campaigns for the Camping World Drag Racing Series. Report, analyze and make recommendations for growth based on current KPI’s.
- Work with outside digital agencies to build campaigns with a track record of successful and trackable return on ad spend. Develop and test new creative and remain cutting-edge with digital marketing technology.
- Work closely with NHRA’s Ticketing department as well as racetrack box offices to ensure accurate ticket system builds and set up of ticket discount promotions, maintain a detailed ticket renewal and on-sale timeline calendar, distribution of promotional tickets, and update daily ticket sales reports.
- Work with series sponsors as well as trade and promotional partners to develop and implement activation programs aimed at increasing event attendance and revenue.
- Develop incentivized direct marketing opportunities to retain NHRA’s core fan base.
- Creatively brainstorm to strategize, recommend, and implement actionable items for future promotions to meet sales goals and assemble detailed recaps for management, partners, and tracks.
- Perform research related to promotional execution, sponsor activation, ticket sales trends and emerging digital advertising opportunities.
- Experiment with non-traditional advertising and alternative ways to reach our targeted demographic.
- Author and request creative for marketing campaigns, including but not limited to print ads, billboards, marketing collateral, TV & radio spots, and digital communications including web banners, ads, email blasts, etc.
- Assist with trafficking of creative materials to media outlets, racetracks, and sponsor/promotional partners.
- Assist with budget tracking and invoice processing.
- Consistently monitor NHRA.com for schedule and ticketing updates.
- stablish and maintain a strong and proactive working relationship with track personnel.
- Monitor the competition and be aware of market changes and developments that may affect ticket sales.
- Other marketing activities and projects as assigned.
Minimum Skills/Experience/Education Requirements
- A BA or BS preferably in a marketing-related field is required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of required experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably in the sports, events and/or entertainment industry.
- Experience with database and digital marketing required. Oracle Eloqua, Salesforce, HTML and Photoshop experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage projects, build promotional relationships and participate within cross-functional teams is required.
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbal with all levels of management.
- Able to work at a computer all day.
- Ability to talk on the phone as needed.
- No heavy lifting required.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.