World Wide Technology Raceway
Job Title: Controller
Reports to: Executive Vice President and General Manager
About World Wide Technology Raceway:
World Wide Technology Raceway is the home of INDYCAR, NASCAR and NHRA racing in the St. Louis region. Located just five minutes from downtown St. Louis and covering more than 380 acres, WWTR is the largest outdoor entertainment facility in the area. WWTR’s facilities include a 1/4-mile drag strip, 1.25-mile superspeedway, recently-expanded 2.0-mile road course, a state-of-the-art karting facility and a 14-acre, multi-purpose dirt off-road venue. WWTR acquired Gateway National Golf Links, adjacent to the speedway property, in 2019. WWTR was the recipient of the 2017 Outstanding Facility of the Year Award from the Race Track Business Conference and the 2017 Spirit of St. Louis Award from the St. Louis Attractions Association. In 2018, owner and CEO Curtis Francois received the Innovator Award from the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission in recognition of his work for restoring World Wide Technology Raceway (known then as Gateway Motorsports Park) to prominence.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller, or Comptroller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budgeting and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management. Please be advised that weekends and holidays are needed when we are open and a commitment on these dates is necessary.
The Accountant will have the overall responsibility for transactional financial accounting function at the Raceway, including:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budgets and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish monthly financial statements in a timely manner
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process. Prepare and publish monthly financials in accordance to GAAP standards.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Qualified candidates must have:
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.