Marketing Event Staff Sonoma Raceway
Seeking: Marketing Event Staff
About the position:
Are you looking to get your feet wet in the sports marketing or event planning industries? Sonoma Raceway’s marketing department is looking for Event Staff to support its efforts during race weekends this summer. This position is designed to give students a glimpse of what it’s like to plan and execute a major sporting event. You will work directly with the Marketing staff in a variety of ways, both fan-facing and behind the scenes during Sonoma Raceway’s major events, including (but not limited to) the NASCAR and NHRA series. Open to high school students and above.
June 12-14: Toyota/Save Mart 350, NASCAR Cup Series
July 24-26: NHRA Sonoma Nationals, NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series
In addition, some smaller event weekend opportunities may become available.
Event Staff’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Staff marketing-related booths such as: Kids Club, Toss Up, Ticket Pit Stop, and other fan engagement areas.
- Assist with race weekend setup and takedown of booths, stocking supplies, moving displays, etc.
- Enthusiastically greet and direct guests to the appropriate places around the track.
- Answer customer service, event and any other general questions.
- Provide guests with top-notch customer service when working the fan-facing areas.
- Creatively resolve issues/complaints and involve marketing staff as needed.
- Help maintain a well-organized event by supporting the Marketing department staff with other various tasks.
The ideal candidate:
- Positive attitude and ability to remain flexible in an ever-changing, collaborative environment.
- Self-motivator who is confident, energetic and creative.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced environment; should be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately.
- Able to work overtime and weekends for special events.
- Able to carry up to 20 lbs.
What you can expect from us:
- Open communication from all members of the Marketing department.
- Fun, collaborative environment.
- Passionate and professional colleagues.
- Ability to work behind the scenes and gain hands-on experience at major motorsports events.
- High standards of excellence.
- Opportunity to maximize your abilities and learn new skills.
- Fair compensation.
Who we are:
Sonoma Raceway is situated in the Sonoma Valley and hosts the best in motor sports entertainment, including the NASCAR Cup Series, NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, motorcycle racing, vintage car racing and more. The facility boasts a world-class road course, as well as a quarter-mile drag strip. In addition, the raceway hosts a variety of annual community and fundraising events (www.SonomaRaceway.com, @RaceSonoma, facebook.com/RaceSonoma).
Sonoma Raceway is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.