NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join the Maintenance Team in the position of General Maintenance Electrical -Carpentry based at Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen, New York.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performs Electrical and carpentry duties as well as assists in all aspects of building projects
- Uses hand and power tools for various maintenance repairs
- Operates various pieces of equipment such as Bucket / line truck
- Perform repairs and installation of street lighting
- Dry wall repair and installation
- Minor construction projects that come up
- Layout and install Utilities such as service panels, transformers and underground cabling
- Perform routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures
- Provides estimating and material ordering for Electrical projects
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hours will vary but will include all hours of operation, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary to attend events and to fulfill job responsibilities. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sport/entertainment is necessary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and high, precarious places. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions, risk of electric shock, vibration and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud but can be very loud at times.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.