*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow. NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Manager, Development based in Charlotte, NC.
The Senior Manager, Development is responsible for building and making improvements to the company’s digital platforms including the website, mobile app, and a variety of other public facing digital properties.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the Technology, Operations and overall Digital Media team on code reviews, development processes, major development projects and initiatives
- Manage outside vendors to support overflow development needs and create a network of vendors/ freelancers
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of existing digital platform including associated databases, data sources and dependencies, workflow, information architecture, and legacy systems currently in production
- Develop tools and interfaces for integrating advertising technology into consumer experiences
- Create custom Wordpress themes and plugins to meet business needs
- Write new documentation as needed; evaluate existing documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Design and codes superior technical solutions, enforces coding standards
- Facilitate and participate in the testing of Web applications–unit and system
- Recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Maintain responsibility for the end-user experience via the interface, sitemap, site architecture, feeds architecture and back-end code functionality
- Work closely with visual designers to bridge design and engineering work effort
- Work with the Technical Operations Team to support Live Race Events (occasional weekends on-site)
- Work with the Technical Operations Team to support the deployment of new website releases (occasional weekday nights)
- Travel: 5% including weekends.
- Directly supervises assigned staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from four (4) year college or university plus a minimum seven (7) years of current Web Development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working within the sports industry, ideally working with sports leagues or governing bodies preferred.
- Proficient on all Company provided hardware and software with experience in mobile technologies. Proficient in: web development using PHP and CMS systems such as Wordpress; developing web applications for high traffic consumer facing websites; working with and developing for Enterprise Integration tools (CAMEL, TALEND, etc.). Experience with Source Control tools (SVN, GIT, etc)
- Experience administering and developing with Ad Serving platforms and tools; developing native mobile applications on IOS or Android; developing websites using responsive design; developing for and within an enterprise CMS; architecting large technical solutions; working in a UNIX environment preferred
- Understanding of web standards and protocols (HTML, CSS, HTTP, etc.)
- Ability to gather requirements and work with business users.
- Strong understanding of AWS Products such as s3, ec2, lambda, and RDS
- Strong technical research skills
- Strong oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into application integration issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.