In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Production Assistant based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
The Production Assistant is responsible for the creation of a variety of video products and elements for internal production needs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Use talent, skill, and knowledge of best practices to Produce and edit short-form materials in a quick turnaround environment using new and archived materials.
- Edit long-form television race highlights for the national and touring series races.
- Participate in the production of live race broadcasts for international feed to foreign countries and territories for all premier series and multiple lower national series races.
- Participate in the production of live race broadcasts for at track screens production for all premier series and multiple lower national series races.
- Manage creative process with internal clients to enhance and broaden the final product.
- Infuse new production approaches and editing styles into all videos that distinguish each project.
- Screen races to select shots for highlight segment.
- Research, write and pitch ideas for future content.
- Screen, log, transcribe and clip footage; cut show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases, selects materials for bumps and rollouts.
- Distribute highlight material across various digital content management systems for international broadcast partners.
- Perform various broadcast crew functions as needed during productions (operate graphics machine, run audio board, technical direct, replay operation).
- Provide Quality Control for live stream and on demand asset aggregation for streaming product.
Required skills / experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate athletic department or TV station is a plus.
- Social/Digital/Broadcast video production experience preferred.
- Basic skills in the entire Adobe Production Suite (i.e., Media Encoder, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro).
- Strong organization, communication, and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of replay, graphics, switchers preferred (EVS, 3Play, Grass Valley, Black Magic Design).
- Able to react quickly and positively in a wide variety of production situations.
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time with little direct supervision.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends, to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of sports, specifically auto racing, including current drivers, rules, and events
- Familiarity with television production procedures, specifically sports production.
- Familiarity with server-based media
- Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies.
- Able to provide and accept feedback without compromising creativity or quality.
- Able to travel up to 15% including weekends.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.