*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
With a strong focus on customer service and elevating consumer and stakeholder confidence regarding security programs at our facility - Manage, supervise and coordinate the activities and operations of the Security department to include: 24 hour non-event facility security as well as law enforcement and civilian security personnel, traffic, parking, pedestrian movement and all security issues as they relate to both facility rental and sanctioned events. Establish and maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and life safety units. Work with Security and Guest Service Directors of racing leagues to integrate their security standards into the overall security plan.
- Oversee all personnel required to achieve the successful management of the event related issues;
- Hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performances; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving problems;
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Provide overall leadership for all services and activities involved in facility and event security, emergency preparedness, and risk management using independent judgment and personal initiative;
- Plan, develop and implement programs to ensure the security of facility staff, property and attendees;
- Manage all Security, Guest Service, Law Enforcement, Traffic and Parking staff. Oversee the Unified Command Center and all related security systems and content, including CCTV and security technology throughout the property. Investigate all security related incidents and follow up with written reports and recommendations;
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; identify opportunities for improvements and review with management; implement improvements;
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for the Security Department, Guest Services and all other assigned programs and functions; meet with supervisors on a regular basis to identify and resolve challenges; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures;
- Lead regular event security and venue safety briefings with internal stakeholders and public safety;
- Oversee Purchasing/Ordering security related goods and services and approval of invoices for payment;
- Manage the scheduling of external event staffing personnel including, but not limited to, off duty police officers and civilian security as needed;
- Manage and participate in the development and administration of the Security Department and Guest Services annual budget; forecast additional funds needed for staffing, training, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary;
- Provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations;
- Monitor and maintain the facility’s computerized life safety and security systems;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local, state and Federal law enforcement and life safety agencies;
- Conduct a variety of industry operational studies; recommend modifications to security and safety programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate;
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations;
- On-call 24/7, as needed and based on facility activities;
- Coordinate, on behalf of Phoenix Raceway, with representatives of local government bodies to streamline the planning and permit process and to achieve successful ingress and egress results;
- Maintain a strong presence at Phoenix Raceway Track events and be available to address all areas of concern relative to law enforcement, traffic, guest services and security;
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the internal and external fan movement plans from parking lots to gates to include: walk pathways, internal shuttles, park & ride program, parking plans and all associated signage for each individual event;
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review guest services including gates, ushers, ticket scanners and information booths;
- Plan, coordinate, and review with credential committee our track credential program for each event;
- Other duties as assigned.
A download after each race event and a year-end review will assess the results of the aforementioned responsibilities and determine where success is accomplished and/or where improvements are needed.
- A strong background in law enforcement and security, as well as an in-depth working knowledge of traffic control;
- Strong business acumen;
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multitask within a fast paced environment;
- Outlook and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to maintain physical stamina throughout the event weekend as required to address the respective areas of responsibility related to this position;
- Position may require travel as requested;
- Must be able to work all major operational days of events as determined by Regional VP of Track Operations or his/her designee;
- Direct leadership experience where coaching and performance is emphasized;
- Experience in a major sports & entertainment venue strongly preferred.
Special Position Requirements
- Direct leadership experience where coaching and performance is emphasize;
- Experience in a major sports & entertainment venue strongly preferred;
- Must possess current working knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of public facility security and safety programs; crowd management and control techniques; principles of budget preparation and control; pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations;
- Must be able to provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations;
- Experience in crisis management, investigation skills, security technology, life safety, risk management, guest experience, payroll, and scheduling preferred;
- Proven track record of building high performance teams;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, high profile environment and deliver extraordinary moments to our guests and our employee;
- Position may require travel as requested;
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.