In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Account Executive, Diversity & Inclusion based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office
This person is responsible for development, coordination and execution of programs within NASCAR’s Diversity & Inclusion department.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day aspects of the company’s Diversity Internship Program including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, programming and logistics.
Facilitate the implementation/formulation of the company’s sponsored diversity, equity, and inclusion programs and initiatives (internally and externally) by monitoring progress, identifying and taking appropriate action to ensure the developments remain on target.
- Liaise between Diversity & Inclusion department and employee resource groups.
- Create and execute content for department website, e-newsletters and social media outreach.
- Identify events and cross-departmental opportunities that align with department goals.
- Provide expertise for diversity, inclusion outreach initiatives including Multicultural / Community Outreach Tour
- Provide Track Activation Support – credentials, golf carts, parking and access stickers.
- Execution of department events as needed.
- Demonstrate a high level of positive and constructive communication between internal and external customers.
- Attend (both in-person and virtual) meetings, presentations, banquets, receptions, ceremonies, conferences, conventions, seminars, tournaments, races, and other events in conjunction with department programs and initiatives.
- Develop reports and analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s sponsored diversity programs.
- Travel: approximately 35%, including some weekends.
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university Bachelor's degree and
- A minimum of 1 year related experience in Marketing, Communications, Sports Management (preferred) or Diversity and Inclusion; or equivalent combination of education and experience; experience in sports/sports management preferred.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage resources.
- Strong customer service, administrative, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Fluency in Spanish (speaking, reading and writing) is a plus.
- Proficient with Company-provided hardware and software. Familiarity with Microsoft office suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project preferred.
- Advocacy, and in-depth understanding, of diversity issues.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.