In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Director, Multicultural and Youth Marketing based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
The Director, Multicultural and Youth Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of Multicultural and Youth marketing initiatives, including the seamless integration with internal partners and external stakeholders in support of business priorities.
Must be fluent in speaking, writing, and listening to Spanish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish opportunity, strategy, objectives and contribution of multicultural and youth marketing efforts for brand
- Establish baseline key performance indicators for target segments aligning with total organizational objectives
- Create and build marketing tactics in collaboration with the team that are aligned with previously established strategies
- Research and identify priority target groups within multicultural and youth diverse audiences
- Create a multicultural/youth go-to-market plan by prioritizing business/marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts, voice guidelines, messaging, and rationales
- Establishes best practices in all MC&Y concepting and creative development
- Create a go-to-market at-track activation plan for Latinx outreach and development/growth of new fanbase
- Support go-to-market at-track activation plan for African American outreach and development/growth of new fanbase
- Engage with leaders and teams to ensure our multicultural strategy, is cohesive and effective and aligns with and informs our overall brand strategy
- Engage external business, agency, and industry experts/partners to learn and influence marketing strategies
- Oversee and assist with Multicultural & Youth media relations to support overall departmental strategies
- Oversee execution of at-track marketing and promotional planning related to MC&Y programs and campaigns
- Oversee execution of experiential activations off-track and at-track as determined by marketing plans
- Participate in the promotion, activation and content planning and ideation process
- Collaborate with agency partner on development and execution of promotional campaigns
- Partner with Creative Design on development of promotional creative assets
- Complete ad hoc special projects as needed
- Travel: 10%, including weekends
- Bachelor's degree from four (4) year college or university and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in consumer marketing or agency; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the sports and/or consumer brand industries.
- Digital and/or social marketing experience a plus. Project management experience preferred.
- Proficient on company provided hardware and software. Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to prepare compelling presentations presented to senior leadership. and industry stakeholders in order to get successful buy-in, support and resources for plans.
- Exceptional team and interpersonal skills.
- Superior follow-through with a high-level of accountability for assigned tasks.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and passion for marketing.
- Comfortable owning operational and logistical experiential activation needs.
- Strategic and collaborative with strong executional capabilities.
- Desire and ability to create and champion a vision.
- Exceptional knowledge and demonstrated success in marketing to consumer audiences.
- Strong collaboration skills are critical.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.