In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Located in southern Virginia near the North Carolina border, Martinsville Speedway was built in 1947 by its founder H. Clay Earles. The track is the only venue to host NASCAR’s top series every year since its inception. Martinsville Speedway conducts three major race event weekends each year. The track annually hosts the NASCAR Cup Series races in the spring and in the fall, the NASCAR Xfinity Series in the fall, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in the fall, the NASCAR Whelen Modified Series race in spring, and the ValleyStar Credit Union 300 NASCAR's biggest, richest and most prestigious Late Model Stock Car race.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join as the Director of Accounting for the Mid-Atlantic region which consists of Darlington Raceway, Martinsville Speedway and Richmond Raceway. The position will be based at our location in Martinsville, VA.
The Director of Accounting is primarily responsible for leading the accounting and finance function for the region, coordinating effectively with each business unit track president, cost center managers, and corporate accounting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead a team of accounting personnel to ensure the financial objectives of the organization are being met with timely and accurate results
- Facilitate and/or lead financial update meetings for leadership related to major events and business planning functions
- Coordinate the develop budgets and forecasts with cost center managers and business unit leaders
- Lead month-end close processes and financial statement review to ensure all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze financial statements and compare actual results to budget/forecast projections and present results to leadership.
- Lead initiatives that focus on improving accounting and financial analysis processes
- Prepare financial analysis related to operations and new business opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring internal controls are operating effectively especially related to event operations.
- Support business processes that integrate directly with accounting functions such as ticketing and corporate sales systems
- Provide event day support and travel to the facilities within the region as needed. This position requires approximately 15% travel
- Special projects, as requested
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least five years related accounting experience. CPA or similar certification preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and as well as budgeting/forecasting and financial analysis
- Able to demonstrate experience with leading a team of direct reports
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting systems – Workday or Adaptive experience a plus
- Must be able to communicate with management at all levels and build and maintain working relationships with business personnel and other finance groups
- Candidate should be analytical and detail-oriented.
- Requires a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.