- At least 21 years of age with two years completed towards a Marketing, Communications or Sports Marketing degree.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills, works well under pressure.
- Valid driver’s license (Subject to review of driving records)
- Weekend work and some overnight travel is required
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Drive a standard shift show car
- Comfortable driving a truck and towing a 24’ trailer
- Outgoing and friendly attitude when interacting with fans
- Spend an exciting summer marketing the 2018 Watkins Glen International race season. Selected individuals will manage a summer mobile marketing promotional campaign for all our racing events including the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series & NASCAR XFINITY Series races.
- Manage and facilitate the display setup at designated tour locations throughout the summer.
- Develop and promote special tour related ticket packages and VIP fan related experiences.
- Manage and sell WGI merchandise inventory on consignment.
- Utilize social media to showcase your own creative ideas for tour promotion and internship experience.
- Assist with ongoing promotions and giveaways associated with upcoming race weekends.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the “Racing, Only Twisted Tour” truck, trailer, race car and components.
- Assist the Marketing and Sales Department with tasks during major event weekends.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- When do you finish your spring semester of classes?
- Can you lift 50 pounds?
- Do you know how to drive a standard transmission vehicle or have experience driving a vehicle with a trailer attached to it?
- Describe your experience with social media (Facebook and Twitter).
Compensation: NYS Minimum wage
Starting Date: May, 2018 (depending on school schedule) one training day will take place in April/May before the internship begins.
Ending Date: Second week in August