Position Title: Public Relations and Marketing Internship
Overview: The primary goal of this opportunity is to provide the intern with a positive work experience while fulfilling the responsibilities of working with the Watkins Glen International team, especially the Public Relations and Marketing departments. The ideal candidate is interested in working in a fast-paced environment and uses valuable time management skills to complete assigned tasks efficiently. This opportunity provides the ideal candidate with a variety of projects and activities to assist and complete independently. The intern must be able to perform duties at Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, New York throughout the summer months.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Previous non-academic based writing experience
- Prior sports writing experience is a plus
- Works independently with attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite; Adobe Suite experience a plus
- Possesses superior time management skills; Works well under pressure
- Minimum of two years completed towards a Sports Management, Marketing, or Communications/Journalism degree
- Draft assigned Press Releases and Media Alerts
- Assist with social media efforts throughout the week and during events
- Assist with media outreach and driver media tour schedules
- Film, edit, and produce videos during event weekends; coordinate online sweepstakes
- Maintain detailed event schedules; assist with the creation of print/digital marketing materials
- Provide staff support in the Media Center during event weekends
- Assist with maintenance of www.TheGlen.com
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- When do you finish your spring semester of classes?
- What level of public relations writing experience do you possess?
- What experience do you hope to gain from this internship?
- What experience do you have with social media management and/or the Adobe Suite?
Compensation: NYS Minimum Wage; approximately 40 hrs./week
Starting Date: May 21, 2018
Ending Date: August 7, 2018
Applicants will be accepted through Friday, March 11, 2018
Chris Banker Tyler Hoke
Director of Public Relations Sr. Manager of Marketing and Community Relations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.