Position Title: Media Center Volunteer
Department: Public Relations
Supervisor: Chris Banker, Director of Public Relations
Overview: Media Center volunteers assist Watkins Glen International staff in the operation of the race weekend Media Center, serving print, broadcast, internet, and photo journalists from around the world. Volunteers are scheduled to work on whatever days the track is "hot" with activity, typically Thursday or Friday morning through Sunday evening of major race weekends. Hours may start as early as 6:30 a.m. and end as late as 8:30 p.m., subject to change due to on-track activity.
-Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen (IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship): June 28-July 1, 2018
-Go Bowling at The Glen (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series): August 3-5, 2018
- Works with great attention to detail
- Eager to contribute and provide superior customer service to media guests, fans, etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Possesses superior time management skills and works well under pressure
- Ability to work long hours during event weekends
- Prior sports (specifically motorsports) experience a plus
- Controlling Media Center access
- Operating office equipment
- Preparing for and executing press conferences
- Answering telephone/in-person requests for information
- Transporting VIP's and/or media members via golf cart
- Stocking beverages in various Media Center locations
- Assisting staff with preparation and clean-up of Gatorade Victory Lane
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.