General Description: The Group Sales Intern will assist in increasing attendance and incremental revenue for most 2018 major events, including the NASCAR Weekend, through outbound phone calls, direct mail and promotional marketing campaigns.
- Manage group and corporate account partners
- Renew and upgrade existing ticket customers
- Conduct telephone campaigns to acquire new business ticket sales
- Develop and promote employee group sales opportunities
- Assist with ongoing promotions and giveaways associated with upcoming event weekends
- Provide quality customer service for existing customers
- Support community programs that WGI is involved with
- Assist the sales department with tasks during major event weekends
- Two years completed towards a Business Administration, Communications, Marketing or Sport Management Degree
- Outbound calling skills and customer service experience (retail, direct, corporate) is helpful
- PC literate and strong organizational skills
- Possess ability to demonstrate exceptional guest service skills
- Able to work non traditional hours occasionally (nights, weekends, holidays)
- Must be able to work ALL major event weekends* including the Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen, Finger Lakes Wine Festival presented by Yancey’s Fancy and NASCAR Weekend at The Glen
- Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- 1) What is your last day of class for the spring semester?
- 2) What interests you in working within the motorsports industry?
- 3) What experience do you have (if any) working in sales?
- Compensation: New York State Minimum Wage
- Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to the address below.
- Resumes will be accepted through March 30th.
- Robert Murphy
- Sr. Manager of Business Development
- Watkins Glen International
- 2790 County Route 16
- Watkins Glen NY 14891
ISC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce