Watkins Glen International was established on the streets of Watkins Glen, NY in 1948 and is North America’s premier racing facility. The Glen has a long and storied past from its Formula 1 roots to its position as New York’s home for NASCAR
- Responsible for attaining group and corporate sales for all events throughout the season (NASCAR, IMSA, Finger Lakes Wine Festival and Vintage).
- Maintain database of calls and sales throughout the year.
- Assist the sales department with strategic regional sales initiatives.
- Serve as a key sales/marketing representative in off-site trade shows throughout the year.
- Assist the sales staff with coordinating hospitality benefits for NASCAR events at Watkins Glen International.
- Develop and assist partner recaps for each season.
- Assist sales team with sales database management.
- Work with Ticket Office Manager to accurately hold accounts and maintain renewal deadlines for corporate accounts.
- Assist with implementation of on-site hospitality & display benefits during all events.
- Assist with on-site sponsor benefits – i.e. pace car rides, garage tours, Victory Lane ceremony, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage time and resources effectively
- Detail oriented and self-directed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- College degree, preferably in sales and/or marketing and communications
- Excellent communication and time management skills with friendly and professional demeanor
- Must be able to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments
- Must be well-organized with attention to detail
- Must possess a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity
- Available to work evenings and weekend events
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.