Director of Accounting is primarily responsible for preparation, review and communication of the Company’s financial statements and controls, as well as, participating in the development and execution of the Company’s strategic initiatives.
- Prepare, review and ensure timely and accurate financial statements and supporting schedules, documentation and reconciliations required for monthly/quarterly/yearly close;
- Ensure compliance with external reporting standards (GAAP) and internal policies and procedures, including documentation, review and testing of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 controls;
- Responsible for the preparation and review of financial planning, including monthly forecasts and annual budgets, with track president and department leaders, utilizing all available systems and personnel resources. Provide financial leadership and guidance to department leaders to assist in developing and preparing financial plans;
- Effectively communicate and report results of operations, financial forecasts and operating plans to track president, department leaders and corporate finance, including discussion of variance analysis and cause of change schedules;
- Evaluate specific departments and parts of the business while acting as a partner to department leaders, including the development of performance metrics, tracking of results and recommending corrective actions when appropriate;
- Prepare financial analysis of business unit strategic initiatives, including calculating and presenting return analysis for capital requests and measuring performance toward operating objectives;
- Provide support for new business development initiatives including evaluating opportunities and risks, preparing pro-forma financial statements and modeling financial scenarios, and negotiation of agreements with public (government) and private (commercial) entities including development of public-private partnership arrangements;
- Provide support for areas of the business that integrate with accounting functions, including the ticketing, credential and sales systems;
- Manage cash operations during significant events. This includes managing the distribution of cash to appropriate personnel, safely and securely collecting cash throughout the event, supervising the counting and recording of cash, and arranging for deposits. This position must ensure controls are in place minimize risk of loss and maintain a high level of security around the cash operations function;.
- Preparation and timely filing of applicable tax and regulatory responsibilities, including sales, tangible and intangible personal property;
- Assist in creating, submitting, and executing future strategic plans;
- Oversee payroll operations at the facility, including management of the payroll system;
- Additional responsibilities may be added to support track president as appropriate.
- Manage one full time employee in the Administration (Accounting) function. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education And/Or Experience
- Degree in Accounting from an accredited university with at least five years related experience. Must demonstrate a clear understanding and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Supervisory experience and experience with publicly traded companies is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.) and/or Certified Management Accountant, highly preferred
Other Personal Attributes
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Superb leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills with a focus in accounting, finance, analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Effective communication to all levels of management at the business unit and corporate
- High personal and professional standards of ethics and integrity
- True team player and collaborator
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.