The Community Relations Coordinator will play a key role in the promotion of Talladega Superspeedway in all aspects in relation to community involvement both locally and in the state of Alabama, plus be the guiding force behind the track’s grass roots marketing efforts. This position is a great opportunity for those looking to break into the sports industry or for those just starting their career and looking to take on more responsibility. The role will allow you to gain experience in many facets of the industry while offering immense career and personal growth.
- Build, expand and sustain positive, strong relationships locally (Oxford, Anniston, Talladega, Birmingham, etc.), as well as throughout the state of Alabama with community leaders, government, non-profit organizations and current/future corporate partners
- Act as the key Talladega Superspeedway point of contact for community leaders, government, non-profit organizations and current/future corporate partners
- Develop strategy and programs designed to represent Talladega Superspeedway favorably by making positive contributions to areas within the state to engage the community while raising awareness for the track
- Brainstorm, plan, organize and manage activities that help Talladega Superspeedway achieve its public relations goals to create brand recognition and corporate reputation
- Manage and expand relationships to support the Talladega Superspeedway brand goals and objectives as well as impact of partner organizations
- Identify and recommend additional organizations to expand portfolio and reach of Talladega Superspeedway programs
- Assist in the development and management of fully integrated partner strategies, action plans and timelines for TSS partnerships
- Execute events or implement programs closely aligned with track/corporate strategy
- Join different local organizations, and represent track at monthly events/meetings:
- Young Professionals at selected cities
- Chamber “Business After Hours” as well as “Breakfasts”
- Local Parades, Golf Tournaments, etc.
- Areas range from Calhoun County to Birmingham, to Auburn, Tuscaloosa, and others such as Hoover, Childersburg, Pell City, Anniston/Oxford, Alex City, Blount, Sylacauga, Clay County, Moody and more.
- Support marketing and public relations initiatives and represent Talladega Superspeedway at events
- Direct and administer charitable contributions on behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Assist with driver appearances and logistics (Community-minded)
- Execute promotional, grassroots marketing appearances and build brand awareness within the Talladega Superspeedway key markets including Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Mobile, and Atlanta while managing budget for program
- Coordinate promotional calendar with Ticket Sales, Consumer Marketing, Business Development, Public Relations, and applicable departments
- Responsible for on-site management of promotional team members and consumer marketing data collection, evaluation and processing
- Responsible for posting event related content to social networks
- Negotiate promotional space with new vendors, and work with Ticket Sales on fulfilling prospect data requests including reporting call campaigns
- Maintain TSS pace cars and other track vehicle(s) for promotional appearances
- Assist development of all consumer related programs during race weekend including Big One on the Blvd, Youth Programs, Concert and Social Media.
Assist with other front office duties as required
- Four-year college degree from an accredited program; Emphasis in marketing, communications, or digital media preferred
- Personable and articulate; Internal and external customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written skills; team player that works well with others
- Available to work evenings and weekend events when necessary
- Excellent communication and time management skills with friendly and professional demeanor
- Must be able to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments
- Must be well-organized with attention to detail
- Must possess a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
- Ability to work long, irregular hours as dictated by scheduling, as this position is not a 9 to 5 job
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of leadership and associates
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.