Since 1969, Talladega Superspeedway has produced the most competitive and most exciting races in NASCAR. With records for most lead changes (75), most leaders (28), fastest qualifying speed (212.809 mph) and fastest average race speed (188.354 mph), no other track can claim a more thrilling history. This is more than a race . . . this is Talladega.
The Vice President of Sales at Talladega Superspeedway is responsible for all aspects of revenue generation for the facility and reports directly to the president. This person must be an energetic strategically-minded individual who can inspire others and communicate a vision of success that drives revenue and maximizes the guest experience. This role must also collaborate with the Director of Accounting and the Vice President of Operations to identify an overall strategy for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, implement and guide vision and strategy surrounding all aspects of ticket and corporate sales for major event weekends and additional events at facility.
- Lead the sales team in the selling of full menu corporate partnership assets, including but not limited to sponsorships, displays, signage, print and electronic assets and corporate hospitality for all TSS promoted events.
- Lead sales team in identifying local strategic retail partners that can elevate and enhance the visibility of events held at the track each year.
- Participate in all aspects of marketing and sales for Talladega Superspeedway including developing, planning, and executing comprehensive public relations, advertising, promotions and sales plan aimed at the renewal of existing business, procurement of new business and the development of new revenue streams.
- Assist the president with long-range objectives of the facility. Develop partnerships and positioning programs aimed at increasing individual and corporate sales opportunities.
- Ensure that all departments are working together effectively on a daily basis in a collaborative way toward a common goal that is aligned with long-term strategy.
- Direct Talladega Superspeedway’s capital strategy as it relates to ticket and corporate sales.
- Guide and direct Talladega Superspeedway’s master plan strategy as it relates to ticket, corporate sales and additional events.
- Guide and direct all aspects of Talladega Superspeedway’s strategic plan as it relates to ticket, corporate sales and additional events on an annual basis.
- Collaborate with sanctioning bodies to align business strategies for the benefit of all parties.
- Collaborate with internal partners (Americrown, Marketing Services, MRN, Racing Electronics, etc.) to maximize opportunities to drive revenue and/or efficiencies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide daily leadership and guidance to the staff in ticket and corporate sales.
- Duties include, but are not limited to goal setting, performance management, vacation schedules, budgetary updates and conflict resolution.
- Develop and manage the execution of an annual sales plan to achieve budget goals for Talladega Superspeedway. Such plans shall include all ticket and corporate sales programs aimed at the renewal of existing business, procurement of new business, including additional events.
- Annually prepare and submit revenue and expense budget for the ticketing and corporate sales budgets. Work to lower expenses, improve efficiencies and grow margins within the ticketing and corporate sales budgets without sacrificing the guest experience or customer service.
- Provide year ‘round monitoring and control of revenue and expenses. Work to improve efficiencies within each department.
- Manage the overall sales process for tickets and corporate sales.
- Participate in the implementation of branding strategies designed for the integration into all areas of marketing with the goals of elevating events and brand equity.
This position has supervisory responsibility for all aspects of revenue generation for the facility including but not limited to corporate and ticket sales.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sport Management, Marketing or related field a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in senior-level sales management with ability to motivate.
- Proven success in leading a ticketing sales organization in the sports industry and meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Track record of successful high-level corporate sales in professional sports or a related field.
- Very strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients, officers, and peers in a professional manner, handle assignments with a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to prepare and edit presentations/documents accurately.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours such as weekends and evening as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.