General Description: The Sales Intern will assist with the day to day corporate sales and sponsorship activities needed for each of the 2018 NASCAR weekends held at Richmond Raceway.
- Work closely with the entire corporate sales department to participate in various aspects of contract fulfillment and sponsor obligations
- Coordinate and help assist in areas related to corporate hospitality, including but not limited to fulfillment, pre event preparation and event day management
- Oversee and help grow the V.I.B.E. small business expo
- Assist on-site coordination for any VIP partner activation or corporate obligations such as garage tours, prerace activities or autograph sessions
- Assist in the research generation of regional prospecting leads
- Overall corporate sales department assistance
- Two years completed towards a Marketing / Communications / Business Administration or Sports Management degree
- Ability to work nontraditional hours (some nights, weekends) and MUST be available the following weekends: April 20-22 & September 21-23
- PC literate and strong organizational skills
For consideration, please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1) Are you a local student or will you need to find temporary housing?
2) What interests you in working within the motorsports industry?
3) What experience do you have (if any) with event management and customer service?
Hours: Twenty (20) hours per week, flexible hours around class schedule
Location: Richmond Raceway Corporate Offices
Please email ONLY your cover letter and resume to the address below..
Director of Business Development