Job Summary: Internship will be in the Richmond Raceway Complex Event Sales and Services department which will start on February 1 and conclude after the September NASCAR race weekend on September 30. There are options to continue the internship through December 1. Event Intern responsibilities will consist of coordinating with the Senior Manager and Event Coordinator of Event Sales and Service on selling venue space, preparing for upcoming events and coordinating with other departments and vendors to ensure event success and proper event communication within the Operations department.
Performs any combination of the following duties according to specific department guidelines:
- Learn how to use SiteCore in order to update and maintain Complex website and event calendar
- Learn EBMS CRM tool in order to keep track of communication and assist Senior Manager in the calendar booking tool
- Promote Complex shows via facebook and work on ways to increase likes
- Coordinate with Operations Team for setup of events based on the work order
- Attend networking events with the Senior Manager of Event Sales and Service to further experience in business development and meet industry professionals
- Coordinate and distribute monthly email communication to the front office, contact center, and MRN for inquiries and for the phone calendar
- Maintain Complex Operations calendars and keep up to date
- Race Prep assistance will be needed in the following areas prior to the April 29-30 NASCAR race weekend and the September 8-9 NASCAR race weekend: Operations Team Task Tracker, schedule pre-race meetings with vendors, organize dispatch notebooks, distribute materials to vendors, organize Driver/Owner Lot Packets
- Attend Weekly Complex meetings and Pre/Post event meetings for large shows
- Perform other duties assigned by Senior Manager and Event Manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be outgoing, friendly and have a willingness to interact with people at public promotional events.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally in a pleasant speaking voice.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or concerns, seeking assistance when needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, and officials in other departments.
- Ability to work alone or with others.
- Practice and maintain professional work ethics, attitude, and appearance.
- Flexible schedule, able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs (for assistance with setup of events when needed)