Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform superior care and service to internal and external customers.
- Perform quality work with deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
The Communications Coordinator will implement and help manage specific projects related to the successful execution of Phoenix International Raceway communications and outreach, securing high volume placement, and identifying opportunities. The Coordinator will also assist in developing successful short-and long-term communications strategies.
The role requires strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Management of temporary seasonal media center personnel
- Creating and implementing strategic and integrated communications plans using a wide range of communications tactics to support programmatic and organizational efforts
- Conceptualizing compelling story ideas and drafting well-researched story pitches that result in media placements
- Drafting, editing and disseminating communications materials such as press releases, media/photo advisories, website and other materials as required
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with local and national media, as well as fellow communications professionals within the motorsports community
- Arranging, participating, and covering radio, print, online and television interviews/appearances as required
- Working with Senior Manager of Communications to manage all media credentials application approvals and processes
- Coordinating specific public relations tasks and/or events with other departments and managing the implementation of these projects as necessary
- Ability to plan and execute event coordination with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Managing all media center logistics, processes and staff for all event weekends
- Developing strong relationships with other NASCAR tracks. Serving as liaison and point of contact for track relationships.
- Managing proactive and ongoing NASCAR/ISC industry relationships.
- Working with Senior Manager of Communications and Consumer Marketing department to develop and implement creative and engaging digital communication plans
- Media guide and souvenir program production.
- Other duties as assigned.
Generate incremental increases in media exposure through increased number of live TV news hits and local print media coverage during race weekend.
Work across the organization to create measurable goals for promotional events (i.e. driver appearances, press conferences) and identify strategies to meet and exceed those goals.
BA/BS, Communications or related; 1-3 years of communications/public relations experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Usual office working conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties, functions and tasks.
Special Position Requirements
Available to work all professional race event weekends.
Position may require travel as requested.