The ideal candidate is a creative, resourceful person with a passion for PR and video content. In addition to assisting the Director of Communications with writing of press releases, media alerts, program articles and other PR-specific duties, this role will be required to conceive and execute compelling short-form video content for a variety of purposes, including packages for media distribution, ISM Raceway digital channels as well as appropriate b-roll for broadcast television. This person will be responsible for ideating, scriptwriting, producing/directing and post-production.
A successful candidate should bring knowledge of best practices in PR strategy as well as video and distribution channels, strong story-telling skills, outstanding organization, time management and problem-solving skills. A strong work ethic, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, a positive attitude and ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders are vital to this role.
- Responsible for ideating and producing video content for a variety of ISM Raceway events, including NASCAR event weekends, track rentals, holiday light shows and various other projects both on and offsite;
- Produce video content with various deadlines, some of which will require same-day turnaround for maximizing exposure with local and national media partners;
- Create graphics and animation content for the leaderboard LED, video boards and digital signage located throughout the venue;
Work directly with various stakeholders within ISM Raceway to ensure proper execution of their individual production needs, including sponsorship deliverables, digital menus, ticket sales, wayfinding and emergency management messaging.
- Assist in day-to-day PR responsibilities, including writing of press releases, media monitoring, compiling coverage recaps and pitching local media;
- Work in conjunction with other departments as the lead on event program creation. This includes working with the creative vendor on an outline as well as managing timelines and numerous rounds of internal edits.
- Ability to bring big ideas to brainstorm meetings. Pitching, developing and producing new content will be core to the job.
- Experience producing and developing various types of video content including: viral videos, sponsored/branded content, documentary/educational style pieces, entertainment and celeb content.
- Ability to see a video through, from ideation to completion, managing all parts of the process to ensure deadlines and expectations are met. Quick turnaround for content distribution is a must.
- Effectively communicate with local and national media outlets.
- Strong writing, scriptwriting and storyboarding ability.
- Ability to create and tailor optimized content for different platforms.
- Proficiency in video production software.
- Knowledge of NASCAR and motorsports is a huge plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.