Michigan International Speedway is currently searching for an enthusiastic individual to join the best team in Motorsports, as a Camping Sales & Service Executive to assist in the sale of individual consumer camp sites, group camping experiences, and premium camping sales.
- Generate new camping sales revenue through prospecting, cold calling and in-person appointments
- Maintain a 40-60 call per day volume as well as an aggressive sales and meetings schedule.
- Responsible for the growth of existing relationships in order for client to maximize spend and generate repeat business
- Assist with the creation, development and implementation of new concepts designed to generate new sales revenue streams
- Work to develop and up-sell existing camping clients aimed at increasing revenue and adding value
- Meet and exceed weekly and monthly sales goals by developing new relationships and growing existing relationships
- Set appointments with key decision makers in the community to assess the opportunity to develop and grow opportunities at MIS
- Participate in strategic regional sales initiatives.
- Work with Americrown, Communications, and other departments within Michigan International Speedway to develop and execute all promotional benefits, as well as fulfillment of all on-site benefits for associated group and premium sales partners
- Maintain proper records within EBMS (CRM too)l and FanTracker as an inventory tool
- Provide superior customer service
- Assist with delivery of on-site benefits
- Requires some nights/weekends and limited amounts of travel for conferences or trade shows
- Assist with additional duties and task as assigned
- 4 year College degree – Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science preferably in sports management, business and/or marketing and communications
- Minimum 2-4 years of sales experience
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of (and / or) experience working in sports at the professional or collegiate level
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, publishing and database programs within a Windows environment
- Valid drivers license
The desired candidate should have a strong work ethic, and be highly motivated to achieve sales goals. A successful candidate should also showcase excellent communications skills with the ability to have effective and frequent dialogue with prospects, clients, account managers and colleagues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.