Michigan International Speedway is currently searching for an enthusiastic individual to join the best team in Motorsports, as a Group Sales Account Executive to assist in the sale of individual consumer ticket sales and group ticket packages.
- Generate new ticket sales revenue through prospecting, cold calling and in-person appointments
- Maintain 75-100 call per day volume as well as an aggressive sales and meetings schedule.
- Responsible for the growth of existing relationships in order for client to maximize spend and generate repeat business
- Manage and maintain all group sales partnership accounts, while upholding a high level of customer service
- Assist with the creation, development and implementation of new concepts designed to generate group sales revenue streams
- Meet and exceed weekly and monthly sales goals by developing new relationships and growing existing relationships.
- Set appointments with key decision makers in the community to assess the opportunity to develop and grow opportunities at MIS
- Participate in strategic regional sales initiatives.
- Work with Americrown, Communications, and other departments within Michigan International Speedway to develop and execute all promotional benefits, as well as fulfillment of all on-site benefits for associated group sales partners
- Maintain proper records within EBMS (CRM too)l and FanTracker as an inventory tool
- Provide superior customer service
- Assist with delivery of on-site benefits
- Requires some nights/weekends and limited amounts of travel for conferences or trade shows
- Assist with additional duties and task as assigned
- 4 year College degree – Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science preferably in sports management, business and/or marketing and communications
- Minimum 2-4 years of sales experience, preferably in group ticket/package sales
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of (and / or) experience working in sports at the professional or collegiate level
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, publishing and database programs within a Windows environment
- Valid drivers license
The desired candidate should have a strong work ethic, and be highly motivated to achieve sales goals. A successful candidate should also showcase excellent communications skills with the ability to have effective and frequent dialogue with prospects, clients, account managers and colleagues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.