The Vice President of Kansas Speedway Development will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Company’s land development efforts adjacent or in close proximity to the race tracks. In addition, help manage Hollywood Casino at Kansas speedway with Penn National Gaming. Goals for the position include managing the existing properties and expanding the number of land development projects in process. Given the evolving dynamics of the Company, the position will evolve over a period of three to five years.
The basic function of the position includes:
- Developing business and financial models for one/or multiple properties under ownership.
- Assisting ISC’s leadership in evaluating new real estate business ventures in terms of strategic acquisition or joint ventures.
- Negotiating real estate transactions with governmental agencies, professional consultants and financial institutions.
- Selling property to or joint venturing with, merchant builders and highly reputable developers.
- Work with legislators within our real estate portfolio or future locations to maximize opportunities for private/public relationships.
- Work with Legislators to lobby casino interests on behalf of Kansas Entertainment, ISC/PENN joint venture at Kansas Speedway.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Corporate Development leadership in the identification and implementation of real estate initiatives to enhance the financial position of the organization.
- Participate and/or co-lead in the allocation of real estate working capital.
- Provide leadership with a vision on how to maintain a systemic growth in terms of ISC’s properties.
- Enhance the development and implementation of a long range strategic business plan.
- Facilitate the Company’s objective of transforming itself from a well-recognized national motorsports activities promoter to an overall business enterprise with multiple year-round revenue sources.
- Monitor real estate activity around each of the tracts and identify development opportunities and challenges.
- Work with other senior management to ensure timely and effective operations within the Company and support them as required.
- Become and remain knowledgeable on real estate trends which could affect the nature of ISC’s holdings and interests.
- Combine the knowledge of the consumer behavior and demand with the latest emerging real estate trends to develop innovative solutions in today’s rapidly changing economy.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS- This individual should have the following experience/skills:
- Excellent experience in financing acquisition, development and possess good knowledge of the construction for complex real estate developments within a large corporate environment.
- Experience negotiating, closing and administering complex real estate transactions.
- Successful track record of making and executing solid business decisions in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent reputation working with financial institutions and other sources of real estate financing.
- Demonstrated success in raising money for new real estate projects through joint ventures, private/public partnerships and other available financial structures.
- Strong familiarity and relationship with industry leaders and associations to foment joint ventures and/or land sales.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years land development experience as Senior Director or Vice President, or similar capacity, as well as current knowledge in land development, entitlement, and corresponding acquisition/disposition requirements for builders/developers.
- A demonstrated level of creative thinking combined with the ability of bringing ideas to top leadership at the company.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Oversee consultants, such as architects, engineers (civil and structural), and environmental and legal consultants.
- Prepare project specific budgets and annual business plans including I.R.R. and cash flow.
- The ability to lead and coordinate existing personnel within ISC and possess a demonstrated ability to maximize resources by identifying, hiring, training managing and retaining quality associates.
- Strong strategic and financial skills with the ability to provide timely and meaningful insights relating to the profitability and operations of the Company.
- The courage of conviction and be willing to speak his/her mind to the Company’s officers, and other relevant constituencies to gain their confidence and be viewed as an individual providing sound guidance and counsel.
- Experience or expertise in facilitation and negotiation.
- Proactive vs reactive style.
- A charismatic and effective method of communicating to establish a strong rapport and thereby be influential.
- The ability to move equally between long-term strategic issues to short-term tactical implementation and be able to thrive in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- A high level of energy as well as good judgment, flexibility, common sense, wisdom and insight.
- A “roll-up the sleeves” attitude and hands on style, yet will be sensitive to the organization and be prepared for gradual changes.
- An unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity and be ethical.
- The ability to take a leadership role within the executive management team, enhancing the quality of the real estate business decision making process.
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree, and MBA is an added plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.