General Description: The Ticket Sales Account Executive is responsible for developing and closing new ticket business to increase both attendance (units) and ticket-related revenue. The Ticket Sales Account Executive will field inbound ticket-related calls and execute aggressive outbound prospecting efforts designed to generate new revenue. This position involves event weekend and occasional extended hours as needed. The Director of Ticket Sales and other Kansas Speedway management may assign additional duties and/or responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell various ticket products and packages for Kansas Speedway’s NASCAR events (and other events) to individuals, groups and businesses.
- Continually grow a database of qualified leads through referrals, high-volume outbound cold calls (average of 50-70 calls per day), face-to-face meetings, direct mail, email and networking to generate new business. Aggressive outbound prospecting is required.
- Field inbound ticket-related calls. Process orders, document account changes, and answer questions concerning product offerings, pricing, events and schedules. Use suggestive selling techniques to drive incremental revenue.
- Follow up with non-renewed and lapsed customers as assigned.
- Provide exceptional customer service that builds relationships and encourages repeat business and referrals.
- Enter and maintain detailed sales data in customized ticketing and CRM systems. Submit weekly activity reports to the Director of Ticket Sales that accurately highlight individual call volume, sales results, outstanding issues, and other information as directed.
- Represent Kansas Speedway at various events for the purpose of promoting ticket products and maximizing sales opportunities.
- Support ticket sales activities during race weekends and other special events as instructed by the Director of Ticket Sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for sales and a strong understanding of all aspects of the sales cycle. Must be able to convert prospects into clients.
- Aggressive self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Must be reliable and exhibit an exceptional work ethic.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of personal accountability with a commitment to a team environment.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of one (1) year of successful sales experience
- Prior experience in sports entertainment is preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sports/entertainment is necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.