Under the guidance of the Group Sales Manager, Seasonal Sales Associates are responsible for increasing attendance and incremental revenue through outside sales efforts for all Kansas Speedway motorsports events. Seasonal Sales Associates will assist with managing and growing the organization’s group ticket base and cultivate relationships with group leaders. Seasonal Sales Associates will also be responsible for attending lead generation events throughout the community as needed (i.e., chamber events, ticket promotion events, trade shows, etc.) and/or special events held on Kansas Speedway property (i.e. – Bikers for Babies, Treads and Threads, American Royal BBQ, etc.). The Seasonal Sales Associate position is a seasonal/temporary, part-time role and involves event weekend and occasional extended weekday hours as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sales of Season Tickets, Single Day Tickets and Group Packages to all race events at Kansas Speedway by use of an extensive cold calling effort
- Call current and past customers and cold call to new prospects creating new sales
- Assist with the creation and development of sales and promotional materials related to ticket sales and consumer efforts
- Enter ticket sales into FanTracker software for Marketing and Group Sales clients
- Provide a high level of service to all accounts
- Successfully contact, meet and sell key local and regional corporate businesses, organizations and associations.
- Provide support to Kansas Speedway’s ticket office
- Maintain weekly reports of all season, individual and group event sales and present report to Group Sales Manager
- Support Speedway staff during event weekends and special events as needed
- All other duties assigned by Group Sales Manager or Speedway Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each duty satisfactorily, including the proven ability to communicate effectively by phone &/or email to successfully prospect and close sales. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sport/entertainment is necessary.
Self-motivated and reliable
Strong organizational and communication skills
Efficient and detail-oriented time manager
Previous sales experience preferred, but not required
ISC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce