General Description: The Director of Ticket Sales is responsible for leading Kansas Speedway’s ticket sales efforts and increasing both attendance (units) and ticket-related revenue. The Director of Ticket Sales will oversee inbound ticket-related calls and the coordination/execution of targeted, outbound campaigns to generate new revenue. This position involves event weekend and occasional extended hours as needed. The Vice President of Sales and Marketing and other Kansas Speedway management may assign additional duties and/or responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing in the overall strategic direction of the ticket sales team. Create/execute effective strategies and procedures for selling various ticket products and packages for Kansas Speedway’s NASCAR events (and other events) to individuals, groups and businesses.
- Provide leadership to the ticket sales team (including part-time and seasonal staff) on a daily basis and establish a positive sales culture through a “lead-by-example” approach. Train, coach and mentor ticket sales staff to deliver positive financial results. The position will also be responsible for achieving individual sales goals.
- Develop and execute targeted, outbound campaigns. Continually grow a database of qualified leads through referrals, high-volume outbound cold calls (average of 50-70 calls per day), face-to-face meetings, direct mail, email and networking to generate new business.
- Oversee and participate in the management of inbound ticket-related calls. Process orders, document account changes, and answer questions concerning product offerings, pricing, events and schedules. Use suggestive selling techniques to drive incremental revenue.
- Follow up with non-renewed and lapsed customers, and renew existing accounts as assigned.
- Provide exceptional customer service that builds relationships and encourages repeat business and referrals.
- Enter and maintain detailed sales data in customized ticketing and CRM systems. Submit weekly activity reports that accurately highlight call volume (individual and team performance), sales results, outstanding issues, and other information as directed.
- Conduct industry intelligence to capitalize on best practices, emerging trends and sales opportunities within local, regional and national markets.
- Represent Kansas Speedway at various events for the purpose of promoting ticket products and maximizing sales opportunities.
- Work with other departments, including Ticket Operations and Consumer Marketing staff, to ensure transparency and alignment within the business unit as necessary.
- Lead and oversee ticket sales operations during race weekends and other special events as necessary, including staffing ticket booths and other areas of need.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for sales and a strong understanding of all aspects of the sales cycle. Must be able to convert prospects into clients.
- Aggressive self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Must be reliable and exhibit an exceptional work ethic.
- Exercise sound judgment when solving problems and dealing with difficult situations.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of personal accountability with a commitment to a team environment.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- 3-5 years of relevant and successful sales experience
- Prior sales management experience in the sports entertainment industry is strongly preferred
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sports/entertainment is necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.