Job Title: Street Team Intern
Position Type: Part Time: February 1 – May 14, 2018 Full Time: May 14 to August 13, 2018
Work Schedule: Mostly nights and weekends, flexible availability is a must
Please send a copy of your resume (PDF Format) to Logan Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
by December 15 with subject line “Intern Applicant”. Please indicate in the body of your email for which position you are applying. If you would like to be considered for more than one available Communications Internship position, please let us know.
Summary: The Communications Department is responsible for the advertising, media relations, public relations, promotions (paid and earned), consumer marketing, community relations and guest communication distribution for Michigan International Speedway. The MIS Street Team Members are responsible for assisting the Marketing and Corporate Partnerships departments with varied activities and events that promote Michigan International Speedway. Activities include trade shows, expos, appearances, partner events, etc.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Proficient with technology including tablets and Microsoft Office
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fun and professional environment
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision making
- Project management from start to finish; assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks
- Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar
- Excellent driving record
- Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 50 lbs
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Drives MIS promotional vehicles as required
- Executes offsite promotions from start to finish which includes transporting materials, set-up, interaction with guests, creating awareness of MIS, data collection, tear-down, etc.
- Act as MIS brand ambassador at outside events and build positive relationships with surrounding community members
- Takes photos/video to send to Digital Content Coordinator for social media
- Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required
- Supervises prize inventory and as well as awarding of prizes at events
- Responsible for relaying all necessary information to MIS staff for guest issues, winner fulfillment (if applicable), etc.
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurability
- 1+ years’ experience customer service
- High school diploma; some college a plus (emphasis in Communications, Advertising, Sales or Marketing)
ISC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce