SUMMARY: Senior Accounting Analyst is primarily responsible for accounting-related analysis supporting Corporate Services departments within the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Expense support schedules - improve and implement zero-based expense support schedules for departments. Prepare schedules for budget, forecast and actuals. Analyzing year over year and/or period over period information will be critical to gaining an understanding and communicating business planning and performance.
- Expense variance explanations – improve and implement processes for communicating concise, timely, and accurate explanations for monthly expense variances from budget, forecast, and prior year.
- Month end reporting – improve and implement processes for preparing consistent month end reporting and detail, providing timely and relevant information to department managers for effective decision-making. Inclusion of periodic analysis for committed / uncommitted spending to strengthen the relevance of monthly / annual planning.
Other responsibilities, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Superb leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills with a focus in accounting, finance, analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) to all levels of management
- High personal and professional standards of ethics and integrity
- Experienced and demonstrated analytical skills including ability to extrapolate and interpret data
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel / Access (VBA, pivot tables, look-ups, complex formulas, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to learn/navigate accounting and other software applications
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain confidential information
- Knowledge of information technology operations a plus
No direct reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
4 year degree in accounting or finance from an accredited university with at least five years related experience. Must demonstrate a clear understanding and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Experience with publicly traded companies is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Professional certification preferred such as CPA, CMA, CFA, etc.
ISC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce