IMSA seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Manager, Business Development based in our Daytona Beach, FL corporate office. This position will be responsible for developing and closing Corporate Partnership agreements for IMSA and its series. Secondary responsibility will be developing and closing Corporate Partnership agreements for Sebring International Raceway / Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, and when strategic, integrating both IMSA and track assets.
Identify and research specific categories relevant to IMSA and specific potential marketing partners; contact decision makers within each organization through cold-calling and networking within identified categories, agency outreach, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the Director, Partnership Marketing and Business Development and other leadership to develop and implement an effective annual business plan that will drive Corporate Partnership revenue in identified key categories.
- Develop and maintain an effective and efficient working relationship with NASCAR business development and partnership marketing staff; creating opportunities for IMSA to add value to broader NASCAR partnership initiatives, as well as share IMSA prospects with NASCAR when appropriate.
- Prepare unique and compelling presentations that showcase IMSA, its series, Sebring International Raceway, Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta sponsorship assets, and address prospect’s objectives.
- Develop an effective and efficient working relationship with IMSA staff and work collaboratively within the organization to coordinate, create and identify assets, and generate sponsorship ideas/marketing strategies to support prospect objectives, while driving net revenue and other marketing benefits to IMSA and its tracks.
- Coordinate with IMSA Brand and Consumer Marketing department to ensure the most accurate and impactful presentation materials and data is used; addressing prospect’s objectives and bringing partnership concepts to life visually.
- Negotiate and finalize sponsorship agreements that maximize net revenue and marketing benefits for IMSA and its properties; work with IMSA staff in order to secure inventory and delivery of assets, future partnership expansion, renewal and retention.
- Coordinate contract development and execution with IMSA Legal through the entire contract process.
- Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Business/Marketing degree preferred and five plus (5+) years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Partnership sales experience specific to sports/entertainment/venues, as well as Business-to-Business (B2B) and retailer/vendor sales experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.