Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway are looking for promotional team members to assist with their promotional outreach! The Consumer Marketing Seasonal Promotions Team Member will assist the Consumer Marketing and Communications Department on any offsite, onsite, and special promotional events around races and initiatives. The Promotional Team Member must be readily available to answer questions, concerns and complaints of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway fans, promote the events and initiatives they are highlighting.
- Distribution of materials to local businesses, sponsors and partners
- Assist with set up, execution and management of marketing display areas, such as, Kid’s Club, Route 66 Raceway, Fan Pit Stop, Infield Fan Zone and Chicagoland Speedway Displays
- Oversee promotions and distribution of tickets to winners and other fan communications or fulfillments as directed
- Assist with inventory management of promotional items
- Assists with organization and execution of all off-site promotional events, expos, conferences and shows
- Assist with management of pace car and show car appearances
- Other grass-roots promotional efforts or marketing related tasks as assigned which could include data entry and/or research
- Successful execution of responsibilities as identified above while exceeding fan expectations
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous duties under stressful conditions
- Contribution of new and strategic ideas for future betterment of the marketing team
- Prior experience in Marketing and/or Events preferred
- Able to work in all weather conditions with a flexible schedule to include evening and weekends
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal, written, presentation, organizational and follow-up skills
- The ability to respond quickly, calmly and professionally to event-related problems and emergencies
- Enthusiastic about marketing and the sports industry
- An understanding of Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to perform designated tasks efficiently and thoroughly
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and understands the nature of consumer marketing
- Keen understanding of social media
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
Office working conditions. Outdoor working conditions. Weekend and evening hours are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties, and functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.