Richmond International Raceway hosts two NASCAR race weekends annually and is searching for an outstanding team player to join our organization. This position is an integral piece of our overall marketing plan and is involved in many different facets of retaining and recruiting NASCAR fans. This position focuses heavily on ticket sales, strategy and trends, as well as direct marketing to existing and prospective fans.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for implementation and analysis of the direct marketing plan, including but not limited to email marketing (segment and content building), direct mail pieces, call campaign scripts and messaging, ticket renewals, and Contact Center messaging
- Develop strategies to drive consumer ticket sales, including recruiting new fan segments and creating and promoting ticket packages
- Oversee all promotions with media partners of RIR, including negotiating added promotional value with existing media partners, evaluating new promotional proposals, and tracking and shipping of all promotional inventory.
- Ensure that the prospect collection and conversion goals are met with the intention of converting sales. Conduct all sweepstakes and develop new strategies for data collection.
- Collaborate with the Consumer Marketing team to develop added value programming to the event as well as a “Fan 101” platform to engage and educate fans on-site during race weekend.
- Assist in developing a Loyalty Program that recognizes and rewards engaged fans
- Represent RIR at outbound events in the community, promoting awareness and ticket sales
- Assist in ticket fulfillment and mailing
- Interact with customers by responding to fan feedback post-event
- Other duties as assigned by Consumer Marketing Manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Sports Management or related field
- Ability to think creatively and offer a unique and fresh perspective to industry challenges
- Basic Creative/Design skills (knowledge of Photoshop a plus, but not required)
- Promotional Experience
- Must be detail- and deadline-oriented.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as a team. Take ownership of projects from start to finish, including obtaining approvals from Senior Management, and collaborate within the Consumer Marketing department and with other departments as needed.
- Must be a team player, self-starter and professional
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required
Richmond International Raceway offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you wish to be a part of this exciting, fast paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please reply with a resume, cover letter and salary requirements. NO PHONE CALLS OR E-MAILS PLEASE.