Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The Associate General Counsel provides counsel and advice in day-to-day legal matters, managing on-going legal projects, and working pro-actively with staff to help achieve goals and minimize risk. The Associate General Counsel must be a self-motivated, highly organized, licensed attorney who takes initiative and is capable of providing thoughtful analysis on a variety of issues. The Associate General Counsel must be able to manage complex legal and business projects in a fast-paced setting, while servicing our internal clients. Primary tasks include but are not limited to:
- Draft and review a wide variety of agreements, including sponsorship, vendor, licensing as well as commercial leases, real estate and other transactional legal documents.
- Assist with legal aspects of corporate compliance and policy matters, including ADA, environmental and regulatory
- Assist with intellectual property matters, including trademark enforcement and cease and desist matters.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of legal issues as they arise.
- Provide legal guidance to corporate and business unit management.
- Draft, review and implement company policies and related documents.
- Support senior legal staff members as needed with special projects, litigation management, employment and other legal matters.
- Collaborate with Risk Management Department on risk mitigation and loss control initiatives.
- Assist in managing work flow of department paralegals and staff.
- Work under the supervision of theVice President, Deputy General Counsel and perform other related duties as requested.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college.
- Juris doctor degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in the United States, with the ability to qualify for Florida in-house counsel rules.
Desired Work Experience / Special Skills/Knowledge
- Three to five years of in house or corporate/transactional law firm experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously (ranging from the routine to the complex), deadlines and initiatives with minimal oversight.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Sharepoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Desires to be part of a team.
- Engaged in the success of the entire company, and believes in and commits to the company’s culture and organizational goals.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and is comfortable thriving in a fast-paced environment with sometimes minimal oversight.
- Quick learner and innovative thinker who is capable of assessing and communicating risk within the context of business-driven goals.
- Pursues independent development and learning.
- Communicates in a direct, open and honest manner.
- Requests and is willing to enthusiastically receive honest and open feedback.
- Practices self-assessment and self-reflection.
Usual office working conditions including sitting at desk, performing tasks on computer and walking throughout the facility. Reasonable accommodations available for individuals with disabilities. Some domestic travel necessary.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.