The Front Office Receptionist will gain valuable experience and knowledge of the inner workings of a ticket office as being the first person our staff and customers see and contact in our office. Will have direct interaction with our fans and customers on a daily basis. Additionally this person will gain valuable experience of the inner workings of the sports and motorsports industries, while working in a high energy and fast-paced environment during the racing season at Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Answer and route all incoming phone calls to the main front office line
- Screen all calls, and take detailed messages when necessary
- Communicate routine information regarding events, operations, policies & procedures to inquiring parties
- Maintain a safe, organized & clean reception area on a daily basis
- Process and ship any outgoing mailings, while distributing and delivering all incoming mail
- Have direct contact with our fans through helping answer event related questions and process any ticket sales either through walk-in customers or over the phone
- Assist the ticketing department with customer inquiries, ticket mailings, event support and customer service issues
- Assist with other duties assigned by the Director of Ticketing / Executive Assistant
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service skills are required
- Knowledge of the racing world a plus
- Comfort to work in a fast paced and high energy environment
- The ability to respond quickly, calmly, and professionally to customer-related problems and emergencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
Potential hires must pass the necessary background check to be considered for employment. Weekend and evening hours are required during events. Indoor and outdoor conditions may be applicable. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties, and functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.