Fulfill a coordination role within the company by assessing various operational requirements for successful event execution and delivering same. Contribute to a superior guest experience by coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of systems and processes for facility event activity pertaining to Event Operations, including Security, Guest Services and Route 66 Track Operations.
Company Conformance Statements
In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Fulfill functions with established budgets.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Carry out coordinator responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfill all administrative responsibilities and tasks associated with Event Operations Department, including Guest Services, Security, and Route 66 Track Operations, including, but not limited to:
o ABI staffing.
o WebNow invoicing and expense report processing.
o Monthly accruals and budget forecasting.
o Organization and execution of assigned vendor and non-profit group contracts, ensuring all requisite steps have been followed via ISC Corporate Legal Portal.
o CertFocus review and management.
o Departmental supply inventorying and tracking for Guest Services, Security and Route 66 Track Operations.
o Assist in the daily maintenance and implementation of the R.O.A.D.M.A.P. recognition program
- Coordinate day-to-day and event operation of BU Shipping and Receiving Department, including staffing and supply inventory.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and distribution all Event Profiles and Information Binders ensuring event preparation and collaboration across BU departments.
- Assist event-time supervision of Event Operation Department including Guest Services, Security and Route 66 Track Operations seasonal and event staff as assigned.
- Assist in assigning and managing work, evaluating performance, and addressing/resolving all event staff issues as directed.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of all training materials for annual departmental and BU event training sessions, and conduct presentations as requested.
- Assist Route 66 Track Operations with event content procurement and programming execution as needed.
- Provide administrative support to Business Operations/Business Development as needed.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a storage and shredding process for all legal documents, waivers, tech cards, etc., in accordance with ISC policies and procedures.
- Serve as Event Operations Department liaison with the BU Accounting Department.
- Assist and support Event Operations departments of Guest Services, Security and Track Operations with all administrative tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Serve as member of the Chicagoland Speedway/Route 66 Raceway Event Planning Team, which is responsible for event preparation and evaluation during the race season, and the development, evaluation and adjustment of current policies, procedures and management of event operations to enhance guest experience.
- Follow the concepts of the R.O.A.D.M.A.P. philosophy, and serve as a leader and set an example for all team members to follow.
- Delivery of services within budget.
- Timeliness of delivery of services.
- Completion and fulfillment of assigned projects.
- GEM Survey results.
- Employee Engagement Survey results.
- Proper adherence to legal and risk management policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) and/or 2 - 3 years of work experience in the outdoor entertainment/Guest Services industry.
- Experience with accounts payable, payroll processing, financial reporting and budgeting
- Experience with ABI.
- Excellent communication and time management skills with friendly and professional demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments.
- Must be well organized with attention to detail.
- Must possess a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic.
Usual office working conditions. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required. Some work required in outdoor conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties and functions. Position may require travel as requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.