Summary: Homestead-Miami Speedway is seeking a Marketing Coordinator. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual who is interested in learning in all aspects of marketing and to assist the marketing department in all facets of department responsibilities.
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic about marketing, preferably with a working knowledge of, and passion for, motorsports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):·
- Work with marketing and communications team to achieve department goals
- Operate and maintain promotional equipment; including but not limited to: HMS truck/48-foot trailer, show car(s), tents and other items as necessary
- Help organize departmental logistics for events
- Represent HMS at local and regional events, festivals, and various other assigned events
- Reach out to current fans and potential future fans to drive awareness and social interaction
- Engage guests while disseminating various promotional information on HMS events
- Help manage the social media calendar including content development and writing copy
- Assist with website management, mobile app management, and ticket package promotions
- Help coordinate and produce marketing collateral, including but not limited to print and online advertising, brochures, sales materials, event collateral, signage, and special projects
- Help plan and create unique video content to be used on HMS’ digital channels
- Aid in sponsor promotions and to help promote ticket sales and sponsor activation
- Assist with creating unique fan email communications, including monthly newsletters and promotional emails
- Assist in database management
- Other duties as required to possibly include the youth, college and multicultural segments
- Assist in the management of fan experience elements on race weekend to include, but not limited to, leader board, kids zone, and concerts
- Assist with pre-race and post-race ceremonies
- Attend Chamber and CVB events as necessary
- Remain aware of trends in the industry and marketplace
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications:The successful candidate will be creative, highly motivated, organized and a team player with attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task. Candidate is expected to bring a positive attitude to the workplace, to be cheerful, engaging, cooperative and productive, and to perform additional duties as required for the efficient operations of the Speedway.
- Customer service focus; committed to catering to the customer
- Bilingual a bonus
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities, and leadership skills required
- Ability to effectively present information to management and respond to complaints
- Proficient in Microsoft office software and database management
- Working knowledge of marketing within social media channels
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work necessary hours including evenings, weekends & holidays
- Ability to routinely carry up to 50 pounds
- Must possess valid driver’s license (CDL a bonus)
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact professionally with internal and external clients at all levels within an organization
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team setting
Education and/or Experience:
- Usual office working conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties, functions and tasks.
- Position may require travel as needed.
The Speedway has been open since 1995 following an initiative to spur economic recovery in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew. The 650-acre facility is active more than 280 days per year and will host NASCAR’s championship races during Ford Championship Weekend (November 16-18, 2018) for the 16th consecutive year. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship Ford EcoBoost 400 is broadcast live on TV and radio to 200 countries in 24 languages. Homestead-Miami Speedway, featuring a 1.5-mile oval and 2.21-mile road course, generates more than $301 million annually for the region.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.