Homestead-Miami Speedway is looking for a talented professional to join our Operations Department in the position of Coordinator, Guest Services based in Homestead, Florida. The Coordinator, Guest Services will provide administrative and business support by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Learn payroll system (ABI)/process payroll for hourly employees (full-time, temp/seasonal for Operations/Security/Guest Services)
• Coordinate/manage all regulatory trainings
• Manage regulatory documentation (OSHA logs/training forms, elevator permits, industrial waste permits, etc.)
• Main relief support for receptionist/switchboard (daily breaks & lunch, vacations, etc.)
• Process department’s new hire paperwork & internal status requests
• Coordinate/process department’s IT requests for new or current employees (ex. computers, email access, office/cell phones, etc.)
• Coordinate the hiring volunteers/civic groups for events
• Prepare and process all service agreements, insurance and check requests
• Schedule event training days for volunteers and civic groups
• Develop the training program and prepare training manuals/materials to be distributed
• Lead pre-event trainings with volunteer, civic groups, etc.
Event day duties:
• Coordinate volunteers/civic groups check-in on event days, issuing uniforms and credentials
• Prepare and distribute event information to all volunteers/civic groups
• Assist with guest issues and complaints
• Interact with guests to understand their outlook on the events and relay information to management
• Interact with event day staff, assist them with their tasks, learn from their experience, and work with management to increase event volunteers/civic groups satisfaction
Qualifications include the following:
The successful candidate will be creative, a self-starter, highly motivated, organized and a team player with attention to detail and demonstrate ability to multi-task. Candidate is expected to bring a positive attitude to the workplace, to be cheerful, engaging, cooperative and productive, and to perform additional duties as required for the efficient operations of the Speedway.
- High school diploma and three to five years of guest services/customer service experience. Some college preferred.
- Strong internal/external communication and customer relations skills including written and verbal, ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Projects a professional company image though verbal and/or written communication. Presents self in a professional manner and have ability to interact with all levels of organization internal and external.
- Maintains and projects a positive, productive, helpful and friendly attitude at all times.
- Interpersonal skills - listens to others, ability to follow oral and written instructions effectively/responds to manager’s instructions, accepts feedback.
- Ability to work independently but more importantly to work as a team player. Build rapport and positive working relationships with volunteers and civic groups as well as employees and leaders of the organization.
- Adaptability – ability to be flexible and digest new information quickly and retain/communicate the new information in an accurate, efficient and consistent manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi task, learns quickly and efficiently.
- Comfortable working outside in the elements.
- Dependability - consistently at work on time.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends as necessary.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Homestead-Miami Speedway is a world-class motorsports facility located just south of Miami in tropical South Florida. The Speedway is the home of Ford Championship Weekend, the season-finales for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup, XFINITY and Camping World Truck Series. In addition to these major spectator events, the Speedway is active more than 260 days per year with multiple forms of racing, testing, track rentals, driving schools, and community events.
ISC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce