Daytona International Speedway is the home of "The Great American Race" - the Daytona 500. Though the season-opening NASCAR Cup event garners most of the attention - as well as the largest audience in motorsports - the enormous 480-acre motorsports complex boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe, thus earning it the title of "World Center of Racing." In addition to eight major weekends of racing activity, rarely a week goes by that the Speedway grounds are not used for events that include car club racing, motorcycles, civic and social gatherings, and car shows.
Daytona International Speedway is seeking certified Fire Rescue professionals that will interact with our guests and professional racing team participants during racing events.
- Perform Fire and EMS response functions. Shifts range from 6-16 hours depending on event.
- Practice and maintain professional work ethic and appearance.
- Current State of Florida Fire I & II (Minimum Standards)
- Current State of Florida EMT Basic or Paramedic Certificate (National Registry will not be accepted)
- Current BLS CPR card (ASHI, American Red Cross and American Heart accepted)
- Current ACLS card (Paramedics) (ASHI, American Red Cross and American Heart accepted)
- EVOC or CEVO certificate
- PALS or PEPP cert preferred, but not required (Paramedics)
- High School Grad/GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must successfully pass a driving record check.
- Must attend mandatory annual training and complete required online training initially and annually.
- Must successfully pass BLS or ACLS protocol test as required by Emergency Services Medical Director
- Minimum age 18 years old.
- Preferred candidates will have a verifiable affiliation with a Florida Public Safety or EMS Agency.
- Strong communication skills including written reports.
- Ability to work outdoors in changing weather conditions.
- Positive attitude!
This is a temporary seasonal, event based position. Shifts and hours will vary based on our event needs. You need not reapply if you have submitted an application in the last 12 months.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.