The Manager, Event Marketing is responsible for marketing operations of DIS-promoted events, from major NASCAR race weekends to non-traditional programming (concerts, non-racing sports, festivals, etc.). This includes planning and coordinating across DIS and industry stakeholders, as well as with third party vendors and corporate partners. The position manages activation of event activities in the midway(s), Fanzone, Lake Lloyd, and in-venue. The position is also responsible for maintaining and updating all on-site signage.
- Lead DIS Special Event initiatives, coordinating all components of the events including:
- UNOH Fanzone thematic
- Comprehensive event schedule
- Operational logistics
- Serve as commination lead on the event, providing each DIS department with the information necessary to support the event.
- Manage events budget ensuring that expenses do not exceed the unit’s allocated budget, as well as approving transactions and requesting payments.
- Facilitate cross-departmental event planning meetings and communication of necessary information to the appropriate DIS departments. Events include, but are not limited to:
- ROAR Before the Rolex 24
- Rolex 24 At DAYTONA
- Bike Week / Fall Cycle Scene
- Rockville Music Festival
- Misc., non-racing events
- Manage Daytona-branded signage around the DIS property in conjunction with DIS Client Services, Operations and Senior Director of Marketing.
- Manage DIS event marketing assets (on- and off-site) in support of all marketing and ticketing activities. Assets include trophies, show cars, backdrops, etc.
- Manage outbound and grassroots events, including researching in-marketing events, finding staff to work the events, display efforts, and communication between departments (ONE DAYTONA, Public Affairs, The NASCAR Foundation, IMSA and NASCAR). These events will require working on nights and weekends, outside of our major events schedule. Events include, but are not limited to: Florida Motorsports Association, local community events, partner events, etc.
- Manage and protect the DIS brand by working with the various DIS and NASCAR departments to ensure proper messaging.
- Serve as the event/operations lead on partnership events (including but not limited to Taste of the 24, DAYTONA Beer Festival, Darrel Gwynn Fishing Tournament, Grassroots Marketing) and event support for DIS PR events.
- Manage all event programming for Fanzone, Lake Lloyd, Midway(s), and venue – communicate/coordinate with various DIS departments as appropriate:
- UNOH Fanzone event preparation, set-up, teardown, and overall coverage Stage, Kid’s Zone, event themed displays, etc., including contracting the necessary equipment
- Work with Partnership Marketing on display vendors, load-in/load-out
- Coordinate Open Garages with NASCAR & Guest Advocates
- Assist in coordination of driver autograph sessions
- Assist with onsite signage creation, placement and content strategy
- Assisting with event PA announcers & on stage programing
- Coordinate fan experiences during events
- Schedule and coordinate event trophy movements
- Oversee entertainment schedule and execution
- Collect, coordinate and organize event recap notes from Marketing / PR team, including scheduling team meeting and final report.
- College degree, preferably in related business field (Marketing / Sports Marketing)
- Strong organizational, creative, verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and database programs a within Windows environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays during internship
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.