Daytona International Speedway is the world’s only motorsports stadium and was awarded the SportsBusiness Journal’s prestigious Sports Business Award for Sports Facility of the Year in 2016. Daytona International Speedway is the home of "The Great American Race” – the DAYTONA 500. Though the season-opening Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series event garners most of the attention – as well as the largest audience in motorsports – the approximately 500-acre motorsports complex, also known as the “World Center of Racing,” boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe. In addition to at least nine major event weekends, the Speedway grounds are also used extensively for events that include concerts, civic and social gatherings, car shows, photo shoots, production vehicle testing and police motorcycle training.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Event Marketing Intern for Spring 2020.
This position will report jointly to the Event Marketing Manager and will perform duties assigned by the Marketing team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- UNOH Fanzone event preparation
- Participate in scheduled pre/post event site walkthroughs
- UNOH Fanzone event set-up/teardown
- Coordinate with vendors
- Organize onsite displays within the Fanzone
- Assist in coordination of driver autograph sessions
- Distribute giveaway items and materials
- Assist with onsite signage creation, placement and content strategy
- Assisting with event PA announcers
- Coordinate fan experiences during events
- Scheduling and coordination of event trophies
- Manage entertainment (bands, driver appearances, DJ, activities)
- Oversee entertainment schedule and execution
- Attend pre/post event planning meetings
- Generate event summary to provide feedback
Events to include:
- The Roar Before The Rolex 24 (January 3-5, 2020)
- BMW Endurance Challenge (January 24, 2020)
- Rolex 24 At DAYTONA (January 25-26, 2020)
- Speedweeks At DAYTONA- (February 8-16, 2020)
- Lucas Oil 200 Driven By General Tire (February 8, 2020)
- The Clash At DAYTONA (February 9, 2020)
- DAYTONA 500 Qualifying Presented By Kroger (February 9, 2020)
- Duel at DAYTONA (February 13, 2020)
- NextEra Energy Resource 250 (February 14, 2020)
- NASCAR Racing Experience 300 (February 15, 2020)
- DAYTONA 500 (February 16, 2020)
- Bike Week at Daytona- (March 7-14, 2020)
- DAYTONA Supercross (March 7, 2020)
- DAYTONA 200 (March 14, 2020)
Spring interns are to start January 2, 2020 and run until March 20, 2020.
Housing not provided. Intern will be paid minimum wage.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing or Sports Management
- Strong organization and communication skills
- A team player who is committed to the success of the event
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays during internship
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of motorsports and NASCAR
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.