About Daytona International Speedway
Daytona International Speedway is a state-of-the-art motorsports facility and was awarded the SportsBusiness Journal’s prestigious Sports Business Award for Sports Facility of the Year in 2016. Daytona International Speedway is the home of "The Great American Race” – the DAYTONA 500. Though the season-opening Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series event garners most of the attention – as well as the largest audience in motorsports – the approximately 500-acre motorsports complex, also known as the “World Center of Racing,” boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe. In addition to at least nine major event weekends, the Speedway grounds are also used extensively for events that include concerts, civic and social gatherings, car shows, photo shoots, production vehicle testing, police motorcycle training and more.
About The Position
The Digital Marketing Manager is a key role within the Daytona International Speedway (DIS) Marketing Department. The manager will oversee all execution of digital marketing strategy including engaging fans and driving sales on the DIS website, social media channels, email and through the mobile app.
During events the Digital Marketing Manager will lead social media coverage of our activities. This includes coordinating heavily with our sanctioning bodies, drivers, teams and PR reps to create unique, captivating content for our channels. This person will also manage a small team of social media contributors and organize the activities and schedule of that team. This role will also be responsible for sharing event updates to our fans and customers via the website and social media channels.
This role requires the understanding of digital marketing fundamentals and strategy, as well as the technical skills to craft engaging creative used across our email, social media, website and mobile channels. This role’s day-to-day responsibilities will include making sure the information shared across our digital channels is correct and is delivered across the right channels. This role will also have a hand in developing new ways to deliver the right message to the right audience at the right time on the right channel to accomplish our goals.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for representing the brand and owning the voice of Daytona International Speedway to millions of fans, customers and stake-holders every day. Representing one of the nation’s most recognized sporting venues thus requires this person must be an excellent communicator and leader. This person must also be extremely well organized, understand the ever-changing environment of digital marketing and be able to execute upon the DIS digital marketing strategy.
- Work closely with the Director, Digital Marketing to create a comprehensive digital marketing strategy to accomplish Daytona’s objectives of ticket sales, engagement and platform growth.
- Manage content on DIS digital platforms, including the DIS website, social media, and mobile app.
- Oversee and execute the social media strategy for Daytona International Speedway to engage fans and drive sales through daily content posting, monitoring and management as well as the generation of new opportunities for fan growth.
- Assist in building and maintaining our comprehensive content calendar.
- Execute strategic cross-channel content campaigns across website, social media channels, email and through mobile app push and proximity marketing (GPS/Beacon).
- Coordinate with consumer marketing and graphic design team on in-house video production and provide direction on content for social media distribution
- Assist with the development of email campaigns through content creation.
- Develop reporting documents and dashboards for digital marketing efforts, measure performance and results of activations and provide analysis to marketing team and other departments.
- Ongoing SEO strategy, evaluation, analysis and recommendation for DIS website. Lead SEO audits, documenting baselines, benchmarks, changes and recommending actions as needed.
- Coordinate with Consumer Marketing team on execution of social media ad campaigns
- Support and strengthen the DIS brand across all public facing channels
- Develop strategy for and lead execution of social activation, in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Director, during events at DIS.
- Communicate with sanctioning bodies, drivers and teams, VIP’s and ISC Corporate to develop new and engaging social integrations during event weekends.
- Ensure digital marketing channels are up-to-date with all event-time changes. This includes updating the website, mobile app and communicating event changes to our fans via social media.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Four year college degree from an accredited program; Emphasis in marketing, communications, or digital media preferred
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience preferred; agency or sports property experience a plus
- Proficient in HTML coding
- Experience in executing cohesive cross-channel content marketing campaigns
- Proficient in Adobe suite of products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Dreamweaver)
- Experience with content management systems and web publishing systems
- Experience with SMS platform is a plus
- Experience with a Mobile Push platform is a plus
- Understanding of search engine optimization and discoverability best practices
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with strong communication skills
- Exceptional writing, editing and multi-tasking skills
- Strong ability to think strategically, creatively and quickly
- Ability to work within a team to accomplish business goals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Must be able to work extended hours and event weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.