The Account Executive, Conventions, Conferences and Meeting Space, is responsible for developing private event business for Daytona International Speedway’s new motorsports stadium. This role is responsible for lead generation and marketing the Speedway as a convention destination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to):
- Conduct a full SWOT analysis and develop a marketing and business plan to support the growth of private event business at Daytona International Speedway.
- Prepare revenue projections and expense estimates for sales/outreach efforts annually for the budget process and prepare a sales report monthly to show performance trends against those goals.
- Prepare sales collateral, join trade associations, attend industry events and host meeting planners to generate and cultivate leads and convert to sales.
- Generate bookings for private events according to the priorities outlined in the sales plan, which shall include meeting certain seasonal and market segment factors.
- In tandem with private event prospecting, promote/procure sales leads for Daytona Beach community hotel partners including The Fairfield Inn by Marriot and The Daytona (Autograph Collection Hotel), working in collaboration with their sales teams and the CVB to deliver quantifiable results.
- Convert leads to confirmed business; prepare proposals including quoting costs as well as executing and overseeing client site inspections and working with ISC Legal to prepare and redline the private event rental contact based on client feedback, ultimately handing off client to the event execution account team.
- Maintain good product knowledge of the destination including the market area (attractions, recreation, climate, etc.), as well as ONE DAYTONA and Daytona International Speedway.
- Foster good relationship with Daytona Beach CVB, Visit Orlando and Visit Florida to develop leads.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and competing cities and/or venues (ie. through trade journals, industry participation and travel)
- Manage client relationships to ensure adequate account servicing and repeat business.
- Execute all other duties as assigned.
- Coordination with DIS event team.
Qualifications: Experience, Competencies & Education
- Minimum three to four (3-4) year’s sales management experience in related field, preferably convention bureau, facility or hotel sales and convention services
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field.
- Ability to read, analyze, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends; willingness to travel
- Extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for Daytona Beach and Daytona International Speedway, or willingness to learn.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and destination management software systems required.
Accountabilities & Measures
- Success will be measured by an increase in event leads and conversions, measured against the target goal, as well as a goal for annual rooms nights at our partner hotels associated with private events held at DIS.
ISC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce