Ushers are an important part of the Chicagoland Speedway Experience. As a member of the Usher Team you will be responsible for bringing our guest an unforgettable racing experience.
Responsibilities of the Usher:
- Checking your area before gates open to make sure all is in cleanly and in working order
- Greet and welcome each guest and thank each guest as they leave the event
- Have a strong understanding of the Chicagoland Speedway stadium layout to provide guests with directions to seating sections, restrooms, concession stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities
- Serves as an information specialist and knowledgeable about each event in order to respond appropriately to guest comments, questions, and requests in a prompt, courteous and professional manner
- Handle a variety of customer inquiries in a professional manner including but not limited to seating/ticket issues
- Assisting guests with the location of their seats
- Enforcing Speedway policies and procedures
- Verify credentials to control access into restricted areas
- Look for opportunities to enhance the guest experience
- All other duties assigned by Usher Team Leaders, and CLS Management
- Ability to review written and electronic materials (Tickets) in both digital and physical format
- Must be friendly, enthusiastic, and personable
- Customer service experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to memorize layout of Chicagoland Speedway in order to answer guests general questions (seating sections, restrooms, concession stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities)
- Ability to work in a faced paced & high stress environment
- Ability to be on feet for extended periods of time (8-12 hours)
- Ability to work outside in variable seasonal weather conditions
- Ability to work with others and take direction
- Must follow dress code and have a clean, presentable appearance at all times.
Usher Team positions are ONLY a seasonal/temporary event based position. Main events run May through July with possible smaller events throughout the year. Shift length: 8-12 hours depending on specific event needs and event conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.