Position PurposeThe Ticket Operations Event Staff will gain valuable experience and knowledge of the inner workings of the sports and motorsports industries, while supporting the event operations process at Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Serve as a staff member working on-site during our 30+ events throughout the season, providing exceptional customer service to all event patrons. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Selling tickets to all walk-up customers utilizing the FanTracker ticketing software
- Printing & distributing tickets to customers who have selected Will Call
- Handling camping registration and check-in throughout major event weekends
- Answering questions and providing basic event information
- Assist with other duties assigned by the Senior Manager, Ticket & Business Operations or Director of Ticketing
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service skills are required
- Comfort to work in a fast paced and high energy environment. Prior sales or box office experience preferred
- The ability to respond quickly, calmly, and professionally to event-related problems and emergencies
- Enthusiastic about learning about the sports industry
- High school or equivalent education required, pursuing a college degree preferred
Potential hires must pass the necessary background check to be considered for employment. Weekend and evening hours are required during events. Indoor and outdoor conditions may be applicable. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties, and functions.
- APPLICANTS MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR WEEKENDS OF MAY 31-JUNE 3 & JUNE 28-JULY 1
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.