The Seasonal Accountant will provide accounting support in many aspects of the business and gain valuable experience and knowledge of the inner workings of the sports and motorsports industries, while working in a high energy and fast-paced environment during the racing season at Chicagoland Speedway & Route 66 Raceway.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
· Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
· Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and vendors.
· Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
· Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
· Review new hire paperwork for completeness and assist employees with payroll related questions
· Month end accounting work, including journal entries, reports and reconciliations
· Participate in event accounting work, including cash counts, event audits and racer payouts
· Prepare tax returns (sales/use tax and head tax)
· Respond to inquiries related to A/P (outstanding invoices) and A/R (past due notifications)
· Perform the initial work to process A/P invoices for certain departments (coding, descriptions, routing for approval, setting up new vendors)
· Coordinate weekly overnight package to Daytona (expense reports, new hire paperwork)
· Assist with other duties as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor or Director of Accounting
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required;
· Two or more years of accounting experience required;
· Demonstrated knowledge of computer skills including, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite required
· Advanced Excel skills (data extraction/manipulation; vlookups; pivot tables; etc.) preferred
· Experience with PeopleSoft or other accounting software preferred
· Attention to detail; Must be able to deliver accurate work in a timely manner
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, high-energy environment
· Organized with the ability to prioritize one’s own work load; Able to work independently as required
Potential hires must pass the necessary background check to be considered for employment. Weekend and evening hours are required during events. Working in both Indoor and outdoor conditions may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties, and functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.